- STATE OF WISCONSIN
Town of Sampson
The Town Board of the Town of Sampson, Chippewa County, Wisconsin, has the specific authority under s. 349.13, Wis. Stats., to adopt this ordinance.
This ordinance, adopted by a majority of the town board on a roll call vote with a quorum present and voting and proper notice having been given, provides for the regulation of the stopping, standing, or parking of vehicles on town highways in the town as follows:
- The stopping, standing, or parking of vehicles on the following town road in the Town of Sampson is subject to the following restrictions and limitations:
- On 290th Avenue, (also known as Basswood Road), no parking shall be allowed on the north side of said road within 500 feet in either direction of the Long Lake public boat landing entrance.
- B. The town chairperson, or his or her designee, shall place appropriate traffic signs on the above-described roadway on or before the effective date of this ordinance.
C. No persons may operate any vehicle on the above-noted town highways in violation of the above-noted stopping, standing, or parking restrictions and limitations. Any violation will be penalized by the Town of Sampson Penalties Ordinance #1-2007 and #2-2007.
- The town clerk shall properly post or publish this ordinance as required under s. 60.80, Wis. stats. posted July 15th 2019 at the Town Hall and Town website and published in the Bloomer Advance as a Class 2 notice on July 17th and 24th 2019.
- This ordinance will become effective on August 30th, 2019.
- This Ordinance was adopted at a regular Board meeting August 5th 2019.
Chairman, Lynn Trowbridge
1st Supervisor, Samantha King
2nd Supervisor, Jim Jerabek
Attest: Veda Reed, Clerk
TOWN OF SAMPSON
ON ORDINANCE #1-2019
The Sampson Town Board will hold a Public Hearing on the proposed
Ordinance #1-2019 on
Monday, August 5th 2019
at 6:30 P.M.
(prior to the regular town board meeting)
at the Sampson Town Hall located at 10770 270th Ave New Auburn WI. Ordinance #1-2019 states in part that no parking will be allowed on the north side of 290th Ave (Basswood Road) within 500 feet in either direction of the Long Lake boat landing. Detailed copies of the proposed Ordinance are available at the Town Hall or by calling 715-967-2050.
Veda Reed, Clerk
Published July 24th and 31st 2019
TOWN OF SAMPSON
ITEMS FOR SALE
The Town of Sampson, Chippewa County will accept sealed bids for the following used highway maintenance equipment:
- 9 foot wide three point back blade for tractor
- 4 foot 5 inch wide blacktop roller for a grader. Mounts in front on scarfire hookup.
- 9 foot wide dozer blade. Mounts in front of grader on scarfire hookup
- ½ yard bucket that mounts on husting hitch front of plow truck.
Bids will be opened and awarded at the regular town board meeting to be held on Monday, August 5th at the Sampson Town Hall located at 10770 270th Ave New Auburn, WI. Bids can also be submitted by mail with “Sealed Bid” on the outside of the envelope and mailed to Town of Sampson 10040 270th Ave New Auburn WI 54757.
The Town Board has the right to reject any or all bids or parts of bids and awarded to the lowest responsible bidder and most advantageous to the township. Items must be paid for and removed from premises within one week of notification. For further information on these items or to view them, contact Patrolman Bill Richardson at 715-456-3440.
The 2018 Town of Sampson tax book is now available on this site. Copies are still available at the town hall.