Voter Information

Residents of the Town of Sampson vote at the Sampson Town Hall located at 10770 270th Ave. Telephone number is 715-967-2050. The polling place is accessible to elderly and disabled voters. Polls open at 7:00 A.M. and close at 8:00 P.M. the day of election.  Government issued photo ID is required before you can vote.

The following Elections will take place in 2020:

Feb 18-Spring Primary

April 7-Presidential Preference and Spring Primary

May 5-Special Election District 7

August 11-Partisan Primary

November 3-General Election

VOTER REGISTRATION NOTE: The Wisconsin State Statutes state that all residents must register to vote. You can register to vote on Election Day with proof of residency. A Wisconsin drivers license or last four digits of your Social Security Number are the primary forms of voter identification and they must be available for verification at the time of registration.

REQUESTING AN ABSENTEE BALLOT: You must be registered to vote in the township and a copy of your Photo ID must be on file before requesting an absentee ballot. Absentee ballots are available by contacting the Clerk, Veda Reed at 715-967-2050 or go to Wisconsin Election Commission ( and on the left click on the “Forms” link, then scroll down to EL-121 (which you can fill in) and then print the form. You can then fax it to the Clerk’s Office at 715-967-2629 or mail it to:

Town of Sampson
Office of the Clerk
10040 270th Ave
New Auburn WI 54757

County-wide election results can be viewed by going to Chippewa County Courthouse and then link to Elections.

Town_Hall 5 sm

Additional voting information can be found at My Vote Wisconsin ( Here you will find where to vote, how to register to vote, who is on the ballot and info about your municipal clerk. You’ll also find the dates of the next election, a list of your elected officials by address and more.If you have legally changed your name, then you will need to update your voter record by submitting a new voter registration on MyVote Wisconsin. If you have moved to a new address then you will need to update your voter record by submitting a new voter registration.To get started,  search for your voter record at