TOWN OF SAMPSON
ROAD BAN REMOVAL NOTICE
The Sampson Town Board hereby gives notice that the road bans in the Town of Sampson will be removed on
Thursday, April 15th 2021.
Town of Sampson
Annual Meeting Notice
Notice is hereby given that the Annual Town Meeting
will be held on
Tuesday, April 20th 2021 at 7:00 P.M.
at the Sampson Town Hall located at
10770 270th Ave New Auburn.
The Public is encouraged to attend. COVID social distancing and safety guidelines will be enforced.
Due to the Spring Election on Tuesday, April 6th the regular Sampson Board meeting will be held on 12 April 2021.
Sampson Town Board
to meet Monday, April 12th
The Sampson Town Board will hold their regular monthly meeting on Monday, April 12th 2021. The meeting will start at 7:00 P.M. and will be held at the Sampson Town Hall located at 10770 270th Ave.
The regular board meeting agenda will be to approve the minutes from the March 1st regular Board meeting and Special Meeting March 8th, treasurer’s report and audit and authorize all bills for payment. Public comment will be allowed at the beginning of the meeting with a limit of 15 minutes.
There will be town board discussion and possible action on the following: Open Bids for the 2021 road work, LRIP project and culvert replacement, Jt road maintenance bill with Town of Cleveland, road bans, correspondence regarding access to Herde Lake, introduction of newly appointed Clerk/Treasurer, Breezy Point boat landing, town mailbox options, new operator license application for Tracy Burman and Megan Weaver, County road ditch cleanup project, Bank Resolution #1-2021 and use of Chairman facsimile stamp.
Meeting notices are posted at the town Hall, the town website at www.tn.sampson.wi.gov. and in the Bloomer Advance. If necessary, an updated agenda will be posted at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. The public is invited to attend these meetings, but current COVID-19 health and safety guidelines will be enforced.
The meeting minutes from the latest meeting have been posted. See the Meeting Minutes page for all of the latest updates.
STATE OF WISCONSIN
Town of Sampson
Notice is hereby given that the 2021 Board of Review for the Town of Sampson, Chippewa County, Wisconsin, shall hold its first meeting on Thursday, May 20th from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 AM. at the Sampson Town Hall located at 10770 270th Ave New Auburn WI. Open book will be held on Monday, April 19th from 12:00-2:00 p.m. at same location as Board of Review. Please be advised of the following requirements to appear before the board of review and procedural requirements if appearing before the board:
- No person will be allowed to appear before the board of review, to testify to the board by telephone, or to contest the amount of any assessment of real or personal property if the person has refused a reasonable written request by certified mail of the assessor to enter onto property to conduct an exterior view of such property being assessed.
- After the first meeting of the board of review and before the board’s final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the board of review may contact or provide information to a member of the board about the person’s objection, except at a session of the board. Open book shall occur no less than 7 days prior to the board of review.
- The board of review may not hear an objection to the amount or valuation of property unless, at least 48 hours before the board’s first scheduled meeting, the objector provides to the board’s clerk written or oral notice of an intent to file an objection, except that upon a showing of good cause and the submission of a written objection, the board shall waive that requirement during the first 2 hours of the board’s first scheduled meeting, and the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days with proof of extraordinary circumstances for failure to meet the 48-hour notice requirement and failure to appear before the board of review during the first 2 hours of the first scheduled meeting.
- Objections to the amount or valuation of property shall first be made in writing and filed with the clerk of the board of review within the first 2 hours of the board’s first scheduled meeting, except that, upon evidence of extraordinary circumstances, the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days. The board may require objections to the amount or valuation of property to be submitted on forms approved by the Department of Revenue, and the board shall require that any forms include stated valuations of the property in question. Persons who own land and improvements to that land may object to the aggregate valuation of that land and improvements to that land, but no person who owns land and improvements to that land may object only to the valuation of that land or only to the valuation of improvements to that land. No person may be allowed in any action or proceedings to question the amount or valuation of property unless the written objection has been filed and that person in good faith presented evidence to the board in support of the objections and made full disclosure before the board, under oath, of all of that person’s property liable to assessment in the district and the value of that property. The requirement that objections be in writing may be waived by express action of the board.
- When appearing before the board of review, the objecting person shall specify in writing the person’s estimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are the subject of the person’s objection and specify the information that the person used to arrive at that estimate.
- No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone, or object to a valuation if that valuation was made by the assessor or the objector using the income method of valuation, unless no later than 7 days before the first meeting of the board of review the person supplies the assessor with all the information about income and expenses, as specified in the assessor’s manual under s. 73.03 (2a), Wis. stats., that the assessor requests. The Town of Sampson has an ordinance for the confidentiality of information about income and expenses that is provided to the assessor under this paragraph that provides exceptions for persons using information in the discharge of duties imposed by law or the duties of their officer or by order of a court. The information that is provided under this paragraph, unless a court determines before the first meeting of the board of review that it is inaccurate, is not subject to the right of inspection and copying under s. 19.35 (1), Wis. Stats.
- The board shall hear upon oath, by telephone, all ill or disabled persons who present to the board a letter from a physician, surgeon, or osteopath that confirms their illness or disability. No other persons may testify by telephone unless the Board, in its discretion, has determined to grant a property owner’s or their representative’s request to testify under oath by telephone or written statement.
- No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone, or contest the amount of any assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the board, or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed under s.70.47 (3) (a), Wis. stats., that person provides to the clerk of the board of review notice as to whether the person will ask for the removal of a member of the board of review and, if so, which member, and provides a reasonable estimate of the length of time the hearing will take.
Notice is hereby given this 23 day of March 2021.
Veda Reed, Clerk
TOWN OF SAMPSON
Temporary Weight Limit Ban
In accordance with sec 349.15-17 WI Statutes, the Sampson Town Board hereby gives notice that a temporary gross weight limit of ten (10) tons for vehicles will be in effect on all Town of Sampson roadways, effective Monday, March 8th 2021. The 10 ton limit will run concurrent with the dates of Chippewa County Highway Department road bans.
The 2020 Town of Sampson tax book is now available on this site. Copies are still available at the town hall.